Cape York
Hi Folks, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year and travels to all Trayon enthusiasts.
Just a quick question, have any of you travelled the old Telegraph Track up to Cape York? Just wandering about the creek crossing as my taron sits about 50 mm wide of the tray on both sides. Any advice would be helpful.
Cheers JwanderingSmile
Hi -ya

Shouldn't be a problem - some of the photos in the latest Trayon video is of creek crossings in cape-york with a Trayon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfoVUQoGaI

Hope that helps and dont forget - we all want to see photos of your trip afterwardsBig Grin
We have done the Old Tele. and never had a problem with the Trayon..We plan on doing it again in July along with the Creb. Maytown track and Pasco river crossing..

If your vehicle is up to it,the Trayon will make it with out any problems.
Enjoy your trip but keep your speed down. Travelling too fast on a short time frame is your worst enemy.

Have fun
Ian
(27-12-2014, 12:25 PM)#777 Wrote: Hi -ya

Shouldn't be a problem - some of the photos in the latest Trayon video is of creek crossings in cape-york with a Trayon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfoVUQoGaI

Hope that helps and dont forget - we all want to see photos of your trip afterwardsBig Grin

Thanks watched the video, certainly makes me more confident.

(27-12-2014, 12:35 PM)ipch Wrote: We have done the Old Tele. and never had a problem with the Trayon..We plan on doing it again in July along with the Creb. Maytown track and Pasco river crossing..

If your vehicle is up to it,the Trayon will make it with out any problems.
Enjoy your trip but keep your speed down. Travelling too fast on a short time frame is your worst enemy.

Have fun
Ian

Planning on leaving Cairns at the beginning of July for CY, hopefully we will meet on the track, thanks for the help and advice. We prefer to go slow and look rather fast and see ablur.
Cheers
Jim672
Will be leaving at the same time.

Taking a week to get to Cairns from Vic. The plan is to meet with a few others at Cairns and go from there.

I will certainly be keeping an eye out for you.
This reminded me to ask - how does the Trayon cope with deep crossings, considering the floor is made out of plywood? Also, I imagine the door isn't waterproof - is this an issue?
Regards,
Ryan

#254 on a Land Rover Defender 130.
(27-12-2014, 07:17 PM)ryangus Wrote: This reminded me to ask - how does the Trayon cope with deep crossings, considering the floor is made out of plywood? Also, I imagine the door isn't waterproof - is this an issue?

I dont see this as a problem. When doing a water crossing you have a bow wave in front and shallow water at the back.

The only time water would get into the Trayon would be if you were stopped.

I think then you would have bigger issues with water inside the car. Sitting in water above your waist would not be a good feeling.

Ian......
Ian is absolutely right -- the Trayon sits high and dry! Even if water were to get to the Trayon - the floor is treated by Trayon with a waterproofing and anti-fungal agent prior to installation. In saying that the best defence will still be to avoid those circumstances all together; not only for the Trayon' sake but undoubtedly your vehicle will be well and truly past its water wading limit Cool

Photo time: A Trayon and Defender wade through deep water in Cape-York (thought of you for this photo RYANGUS)