Travelling to the Kimberlys
Our first trip in 672, going well at the moment. Had a surprise at Mataranka, 308 parked up next to us, nice to have a chat with the owner. So far we have seen two others on the road up the centre. Lots of people wanting to look and chat.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

great photo we are planing a trip to the kimberlys next year and we will be interestered in how your trip goes best of luck aquadaz
(10-08-2014, 09:21 AM)aquadaz Wrote: great photo we are planing a trip to the kimberlys next year and we will be interestered in how your trip goes best of luck aquadaz

We are now home, the trip was amazing. The road from the Gibb River road turnoff from the Kununurra end was the most corrugated and rough on the Gibb Rd. However it was by no means the roughest, from the Kalumbaru junction to the camping ground on the Mitchell Plateau ( Mitchell Falls) 120 + Kms had to be the the worst piece of dirt road I have ever travelled. The corrugations were endless and it was necessary to travel at around 80 kph to try and ride them, any slower and the the ride was bone jarring. Corners and red dirt sections v.rough. Was the drive worth it absolutely! Fuel gets $2.60 ltr for diesel at Manning Gorge that was the dearest we found. King Edward river camping ground on the way to the Mitchell plateau was a welcome over night stop before tackling the 76 km to the Mitchell Falls. Mornington Conversation Park and Mt Hart are both worth the drive into, both are between 50 to 80 km of the main Rd. Photo 672 crossing the Pentecost River.
Jwandering

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the advise . I think the corrugations are a certainty I have delt with them before at Cape York.glad to hear you are safe home and had a great time.